I received my PhD degree from Electrical, Computer, & Systems Engineering Department of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in August 2011. Prof.Badri Roysam and Prof.Michael J. Wozny were my PhD advisor and co-advisor. I worked as an intern at Siemens Corporate Research in Princeton under the supervision of Terrence Chen from September 2011 to February 2012.My Linkedin Profile My Projects My Publications
Skills and Expertise
Research and Work Experience
- Senior Staff Engineer at Ambarella Inc., Santa Clara, California (March 2015 – Present)
- Staff Engineer at Ambarella Inc., Santa Clara, California (November 2013 – March 2015)
- Computer Vision Scientist at Auxogyn Inc., Menlo Park, California (August 2012 – November 2013)
- Research Intern at Siemens Corporate Research (SCR), Princeton, New Jersey (September 2011 – February 2012)
Three utility patents filed (2 with Auxogyn, Inc., 1 with Siemens Corporate Research).
- Microscopy Society of America-Presidential Student Award. March 2011.
- First Place at Diadem Challenge Final. September 2010.
Media coverage of our victory in the DIADEM Challenge 2010. Results produced by my 3-D Neuron Tracing system are featured in the first three news:
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Research News: DIADEM Contestants Advance Computational Tools to Speed Mapping of Neurons. 2010.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) Annual Report: DIADEM Challenge Yields Big Win for Neuroscience. 2010.
- Nature News: Teams battle for neuron prize-Contest spurs progress for programs that can map a brain cell’s myriad branches. 2010.
- Nature News Blog: Victory (sort of) and vuvuzelas at Diadem competition. 2010.
Reviewer for Journals
- Pattern Recognition
- IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering
Reviewer for Conferences/Workshops
- IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR)
- IEEE Vision Industry and Entrepreneur Workshop (VIEW 2013) at CVPR
- SIBGRAPI 2013 Conference on Graphics, Patterns and Images
- International Workshop on Video and Image Ground Truth in computer vision Applications (VIGTA 2013)
Conferences/Workshops Program Committee
- IEEE Vision Industry and Entrepreneur Workshop (VIEW 2014) at CVPR, Web Chair, 2014.
- 10th IEEE Embedded Vision Workshop (Held in conjunction with IEEE CVPR 2014), Web Chair, 2014.
- IEEE Vision Industry and Entrepreneur Workshop (VIEW 2013) at CVPR, Web Chair, 2013.
- 9th IEEE Embedded Vision Workshop (Held in conjunction with IEEE CVPR 2013), Web Chair, 2013.
- 9th International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP), 2013.
- Administrator and Editor of ComputerVisionCentral.com: a major website (2000+ registered users, 2000+ followers at Twitter) serving the computer vision community. February 2012 – Present.